Just about everyone these days wants to conserve energy. From government agencies to large corporations to individual homeowners, people are trying to do their part to use less energy and save more money. There are many ways that homeowners can save money on their energy bill, but focusing on your heating and cooling is where you can save the most.
Did you know that your heating and cooling in your Vancouver WA home uses more energy than any other system in your home? It also costs the most, as it usually accounts for around 48 percent of your total utility bill. So what steps can you take to save on energy with your heating and cooling?
- Always set your thermostat as low as you can in the winter in order to still remain comfortable. In the summer, go as high as you can comfortably bear.
- Be diligent when it comes to cleaning and/or replacing filters according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Release any air that may be trapped in your hot-water radiators each season.
- Turn off exhaust fans in your bathroom or kitchen no more than 20 minutes after your done showering or cooking.
- In the winter allow the sun in through your windows during the day and close your blinds in the evening.
- In the summer close your window coverings to help keep your home cooler.
These are some of the steps you can take to save on your energy bill and keep more of your hard earned money in your wallet. If you have any questions regarding these tips or want to know more about saving money on your heating and cooling in Vancouver WA, then click here to contact us at Comfort Air or call as 360-891-2665.