Everybody wants to save money any way they can, including by spending less on energy costs. Having a properly functioning and energy-efficient HVAC system in Portland is one way to save money on your energy bill. However, there are some steps you should take that will help your system operate correctly and save you some extra dough for other things.
Let’s take a look at some money saving ideas for your HVAC in Portland OR.
- Replace your older unit with a new energy-efficient unit.
- Choose a programmable thermostat, which will allow you to have more control on your operating costs.
- Change, or at least clean, your air filters regularly.
- Be sure that all of your air vents are open and that they are clean from any obstructions.
- Install an awning to protect your unit from sun, rain and any debris.
- Use fans to help circulate the hot air in your home, especially on the second floor if you have a two–level home.
These are just some of the great money-saving ideas that you can employ to help keep your energy costs down and keep more money in your wallet. In the meantime, if you need any kind of maintenance done on your HVAC in Portland OR, then give us a call at 360-205-1817. Or contact us online to set up an appointment.