Summer in the Pacific NW is here again. Before it gets sizzling hot, it’s time to ensure your house is ready to beat the heat. Time to check your home’s air conditioning system.
Our AC repair experts offer five ways to make sure you are prepared to handle Portland and Vancouver’s hot summer days:
- Are your filters clean? Change your filters in your HVAC system. It’s best to change them regularly.
- Have you tested your thermostat on cool? Time to test the system by turning the temperature down. If the air conditioner does not turn on, first check to make sure no breakers are tripped. If you can’t seem to find the problem, call your heating and air-conditioning repair person. Calling now is better than calling on a 90-degree day and the HVAC companies are busy.
- If your cooling system turns on, make sure it is putting out adequate cooling. If doesn’t feel strong enough to cool the house, call your heating and air-conditioning repair person.
- Does your air conditioner need a replacement? It’s best to do it now before the 90 degree days come, that’s when heating & air-conditioning companies are the busiest.
- Did you know your air ducts may need testing for leaks? Your attic insulation gets compacted over time. Your windows and doors and other parts of the house may need caulking and weather stripping as well.
Summers in the Northwest may not be as bad as other parts in the U.S, but once those temperatures reach the 80’s, you are going to want to know your home will be comfortable. Contact our AC Repair experts today to learn how we can help make sure your home air conditioning is ready for summer. 360-205-1817